Our Wedding {part two}

Our WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur Wedding

After our photo shoot with Hanke we started driving towards our old town hall. At this point my nerves really hit me! I still smiled a lot (I actually tend to giggle more when nervous) but my mouth started to feel dry and as we got closer more butterflies entered my stomach. Joris was pretty calm, he is much more comfortable with having an audience (as expected from a teacher). I thought I wouldn't mind being in the spotlight on our day among people we know and love, but I'm afraid part of me will always remain a little wallflower. When we arrived and stepped out of the car I was overwhelmed by the amount of people waiting for us. It was heartwarming, it was awkward, it was wonderful and I had no idea what to do. We started greeting, hugging, kissing and by the time my mother and I walked down the aisle on the song we picked out earlier that morning, lots of emotions were waiting to come out...

When our friend Lies started telling our story I relaxed and we all listened to the beautiful words she wrote for us. Every now and than some tears entered my eyes when she spoke the words our friends and family gave her, I felt so thankful. I am so thankful to Lies for this gift! The 'official' part just flew by, I remember the wedding officer asking me to give Joris my right hand twice before I noticed I gave him my left hand, nerves... We laughed about it and after 'yes' we kissed and hugged, kissed again and I don't remember anything else :).

Afterwards we had a moment to ourselves, just before we entered the balcony. Yes, we had real life balcony scene in which I got to wave like a queen and everyone yelled 'kiss kiss kiss'! Before we entered the town square Hanke took a photo of me in which I can definitely see many emotions hiding in my eyes. It's hard to explain, but taking everything in was a lot and took quite some time for me, especially because everything went so fast!

When we started planning our wedding, one of our first ideas was to celebrate our wedding in two days with the ceremony first and the party later. Just to keep it light and have enough time to take it all in. We got off that track because it wasn't really practical for guests who didn't live near us, I thought it would also be impractical with the photography during the day and for our budget. I wouldn't be me if my perfectionism didn't kick in afterwards (thankfully it was nowhere to be found during the big day) and I must admit this two days wedding plan might have been better for us. But that's just a thought, who knows, right?

We were surprised with rice when we left the town hall, the kids really loved it and I love the last photo.
Our party took place in a beautiful garden, stay tuned!

{Part Three}

Photography by Hanke Arkenbout 100% film 
Developed and scanned by Carmencita Film Lab

6 comments :

  1. Prachtig prachtig prachtig prachtig prachtig!
    Zo mooi hoe je beschrijft hoe je je voelde. Je bent zo eerlijk en dat maakt het zo mooi.
    Ah Nikki, gefeliciteerd. Ik hoop dat je heel gelukkig bent en zal blijven samen!
    Ik kijk uit naar deel drie van de foto's :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw hele mooie fotos.
    Heel veel geluk samen:)

    liefs
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete