Our Wedding {part three}

Our WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur WeddingOur Wedding

After our ceremony it took a lot of time for me to land again. My head was in the clouds and it was kind of strange to physically be with all of our friends and family, while part of me was still somewhere kissing and hugging Joris. We arrived at our party location, Wereldwinkel de Punt, after only a ten minute drive. Some of our guests were already there and I was happy to see all of my preparations just like I imagined them. A huge amount of vintage cups, table cloths and more which I collected on flea markets and thrift stores the past year were doing a lovely job of making everything feel like us. When I walked into the beautiful wild garden 'De Punt', I saw an adorable little kitchen set up, made out of old crates. This wasn't something I planned, but a most pleasant surprise by our cook.

When all of our guests arrived we cut one of many cakes and I had a piece of the best chocolate cake ever. We spontaneously fed each other and Joris managed to make my 'piece of cake' extra huge, yikes ;). Afterwards things went exactly as I hoped and we had some time to take it all in. Everyone was relaxed, my father in law played music with his fellow musicians and the kids were picking raspberries and kneading bread to hold above a little fire. My mother gave a beautiful speech that brought me to tears, my newborn niece Eva was sleeping in my arms and I was walking around showing her to everyone like a proud aunt while everyone enjoyed the 'that was fast' joke. Precious moments, so precious...

The rest of the evening was filled with warmth, food, presents, conversations, spilling food on my dress and just not caring, there wasn't even a tiny bit of control freakish perfectionism to be found and I felt a thousand times the luckiest. 10 years together with my love, my friend, and even more to come... wow.

That evening we sat on our bed together with our suitcase filled with cards and presents. Family, friends, all I can say is; too much... How all of you have helped us. We love you. Our little honeymoon is coming up soon and I am so thrilled and exited! I want to dedicate one last post to our wedding with the preparations and some wonderful names and details, but it'll have to wait until we are back from Scotland!

Photography by Hanke Arkenbout 100% film ♡ Developed and scanned by Carmencita Film Lab
Photography by Renate van Dijk | Wit Photography

{Part One}
{Part Two}

11 comments :

  1. Wat een prachtige serie heeft Hanke gemaakt!! Ik heb alle drie de posts achter elkaar gekeken en het is echt een dag geworden die jullie persoonlijkheid en liefde laat zien! Jullie kunnen heel trots zijn, geniet ervan! En geniet van Schotland!! :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful, congratulation! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. prachtige foto´s ! En wat een gezellig feest !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik heb genoten van je driedelige reeks !!
    Nog eens een dikke proficiat, en geniet van jullie huwelijksreis !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prachtig Nikki! Ik geniet van jullie foto's. En je verhaal, heel mooi, zo hebben wij ook onze bruiloft ervaren! Fijne vakantie, liefs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ziet eruit als een prachtig feest, leuk hoor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wat een prachtige foto's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations!! what one misses when disconnecting from the blog world. I love your wedding, it looks super sweet and your dress is so cute! all the best :)

    ReplyDelete