9 years and a ring

My engagement ring <3 antique yellow gold with amethyst. I'm getting married! Today Joris and I celebrate our 9 year anniversary. I think it was 2005 when I asked Joris for the first time if he wanted to get married and in the years following we talked about it often, we even had matching 'engagement nose piercings' once, oh such wild days. I look back on our life so far with much joy and the two of us have grown so much in what feels like such a short amount of time. Lately I've been experiencing the feeling everything is falling in to place and we are ready for new steps and new developments. For me getting married is confirming, together, that we want to take what we have to the next level in love and life. That, and of course the fact that I started dreaming about my wedding dress (which will be vintage of course) since I was a tiny little Nikki, makes me super exited to announce that I am now officially engaged!

Joris and I visited a cute little antique store with the most beautiful rings on display. The display was turning pretty fast, but when the lady switched it off this particular ring caught my eye. I tried it on and it was a perfect fit, like it was meant for me. It's an antique yellow gold ring with an amethyst, and when reading the gemstone description at home I just knew it was indeed meant for me to find someday. I wish I knew who wore the ring before me, and if she had a happy life. I'll never know, but I like a bit of mystery and fantasizing about it.

I hope we can celebrate our 10 year anniversary with a wedding in 2014, but we still need to save a lot and look in to the official part of getting married. Who knows what our future will bring us, I'm looking forward to it!

25 comments :

  1. Oooh wat fijn voor je Nikki! Gefeliciteerd! En wat een prachtige ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) What wonderful news! Congratulations and here's to the wedding planning xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gefeliciteerd Nikki! Trouwen is ontzettend leuk! (sprak zij uit ervaring)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gefeliciteerd!! De ring is echt prachtig. Het is zo'n mooi gevoel als alles op zijn plek valt en als het echt meant-to-be lijkt te zijn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ring is beautiful, just what I would choose :) I suspect Ben and I will have a discussion about getting married and get engaged without the whole 'down on one knee' engagement type proposal. We talk about it a lot, but you're right, saving for a wedding is a little scary.

    I wish you lots of happiness and hope you can start planning your wedding soon. That will be very exciting :)

    Jen | sunny sweet pea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gefeliciteerd! Wowie, de ring is mooi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ring is so pretty, very different. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful, happy news Nikki!! Huge congratulations to you and to Joris!

    My beau and I are about to celebrate 7 years as a couple . . . . I'm now hoping he pops the question at our 9th anniversary too! :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaw congratulations! This is a gorgeous ring! Mine is from an antique shop too.

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wat een prácht van een ring, heel mooi! En onwijs gefeliciteerd. Wat mooi dat jullie gaan trouwen!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wat een prachtige ring... en gefeliciteerd met jullie 9 jaren samen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hij is prachtig! Veel geluk samen en heel veel plezier met al het voorpret voor het huwelijk!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gefeliciteerd! En wat een mooie ring... Geniet ervan! Liefs Marieke

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trouwen...voor ons was het drie jaar geleden bijna zo ver...
    Trouwen met je grote liefde, niets voelt beter.. Ik gun je die fantastische dag meis.
    En wat een prachtige ring!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Prachtig, Nikki! Ik wens je al het goede en meer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wat fantastisch! Gefeliciteerd :). Wat een prachtige ring Nikki. En wat een mooi tekstje heb je geschreven. Ik wens jullie heel veel geluk samen! Liefs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wat een geweldig nieuws!!! En wat een mooie ring! Ik hoop meer te lezen over de zoektocht naar jouw vintage trouwjurk :-) veel <3, geluk en plezier gewenst! Liefs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wat mooi!!! Gefeliciteerd! En een prachtige ring ook :) En je gaat vast een fantastische jurk vinden...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations Nikki! How wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dat ik deze post zomaar gemist had! Gefeliciteerd! (Voor jullie allebei!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Nikki! Your ring is beautiful! I wish you and Joris all the happiness in the world! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gefeliciteerd! Wat een mooi nieuws.

    ReplyDelete