A new year


I had a great first week of the new year. I started working on my resolutions and made a couple of new ones. I decided I won't buy any new clothes for this entire year! I want to recycle old clothes, make my own, or swap with friends. I will allow myself to buy vintage or secondhand clothes once a month. This way I hope to save money, to strive for a better environment and to be creative in what I'm wearing. This week, I bought two secondhand skirts, 3 pants (yes really, pants!) and a dress for 18,50 euro all together!


Thursday I took the train to visit Anki and Casper. I was quite nervous, it felt a bit like an adventure. I was warmly welcomed into their amazing(!) home and treated to a delicious lunch. They are such sweet people, we talked about life and I was given two beautiful deer figurines. I hope to see them (and other sweet bloggers) again soon.

I'd like to host a little giveaway this week, in celebration of the new year and a fresh start!

♡ Nikki

11 comments :

  1. Wow, no new clothes for a whole year! Respect! I think about doing this for 1 or just a few months (allowing myself to buy second hand) but I fear I can't... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you an awesome, happy and love-filled new year. I always have to smile reading your blog. There is just something very sweet and kind about it.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No new clothes for a year?! I couldn't commit to that! Your blog design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat een goed voornemen! :)
    Ik ben benieuwd naar al je creatieve vondsten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoi, heb er ook nog aan zitten denken om dit jaar geen nieuwe kleren aan te schaffen. Heb al wat leuke vintage items gescoord. Leuk dat jij het echt gaat volhouden dit jaar. Spannnend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of ik het ga volhouden is natuurlijk nog maar de vraag, maar om eerlijk te zijn kocht ik al bijna alleen maar vintage en tweedehand, dus heb er wel vertouwen in :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Karin - there is something sweet and kind about your blog :0). Good luck with your new years resolutions - I'm sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wat een mooi voornemen! En broeken, wat goed! Zal je vast fantastisch staan.
    Xx Lot (groenemeisjes)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goed voornemen, ben benieuwd wat voor nieuwe creaties er ontstaan uit al wat je hebt/ruilt enzovoort.
    En ik ben zoiets leuks voor je aan het maken, heb mijn naaimachine afgestoft en het doet me goed weer even bezig te zijn met stof en kleur. Ik hoop dat jij er straks ook blij van wordt.
    Fijne avond x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ongetwijfeld Eefje, alles wat jij maakt is geweldig! Wat lief van je zeg :). Jij ook een hele fijne avond (als je dit nog leest), ik ben heel benieuwd!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mooi, die rok!! En wat een super voornemen, ik doe het je niet na. ;)

    ReplyDelete