Today


Today was a perfect first day of Spring. A day where my head felt light and nothing could go wrong. Simple but joyful. I woke up early to the sound of chirping birds and with sunshine hiding behind my floral curtains. After breakfast I grabbed every Flow Magazine in the house I could find and put them on the dinner table. I've been moving furniture around in our living room and the dinner table is now close to the window, a very light and pleasant spot to sit and feel inspired. I started taking out all the 'goodies' that come with the magazines like posters, stickers and little notebooks, and cut out some pretty patterned pages while I was at it.


With a bag full of Flow goodies I headed for my little headquarters, and bought some flowers and Easter eggs on my way. My headquarters is such a happy place for me, I can sit there for hours just looking around me and enjoying all the pretty things. The only place left that needed a little adornment was the toilet, in which I hung up all the Flow posters, cards and pretty pages. In the mean time my friend Arris whom I hadn't seen in a while came to visit, it was really nice to catch up with her.


Once home again I found the most perfect package I've been looking forward to in my mailbox, all I can say is that I now know how it feels to have something custom made just for you, it's amazing! More on this later ;). 


While enjoying the pretty sunset, Joris and I had a tasty meal and watched an episode of Dharma & Greg, we like this show because we can relate to them, being complete opposites of each other :). The bird light(s) in the photo came from Ikea, it works on solar energy, charges during the day and when the sun has set they start to shine a cozy light. Isn't that lovely? I love first days of Spring. How was yours?

♡ Nikki 

8 comments :

  1. Wat een heerlijke plaatjes weer en wat een fijn dagje heb je gehad. Flow en Ikea, helemaal goed :-)

    Liefs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is in the air today! And tomorrow!! Heerlijk hè!! En de boel opfleuren met van-alles-en-nog-wat uit een stapel Flows, is dan een heel goede optie!! Enjoy!! ♥ Herma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love those lights. So cute! I hope the Ikea in the UK sells them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, I only recently found your blog, and I just wanted to tell you it's lovely. It's so pretty, I feel like I should be drinking strawberry mojito while I read it. :)

    Nice job! Stop by some time, if you like: scissorsandsteam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fijne sfeerbeelden ja. Fijn om te zien/lezen dat je je zo goed voelt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik voel de lente ook helemaal door jouw foto's! Wat kan een mens opknappen door een beetje zon he?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schitterende foto's weer Nikki!

    ReplyDelete