Meanwhile...


I have a new motto. 'If you can't buy it, make it yourself'! My new crochet skill comes in real handy, I successfully finished two pretty bows.


One for in my hair, and one for on my previously boring coat.


I also tried my hand at making pom pom's. I found it quite difficult. I kept accidentally tearing pieces of tissue paper that needed to stay attached to my pom pom, and they have a bit of a strange shape :), but I like them anyway. It was fun to do!


A while back I spotted a beautiful old type writer on the blog of Yvestown. I instantly craved one, so I turned to our local Ebay, 'Marktplaats'. Imagine my enthusiasm when I spotted one exactly like it! Seeing as I can't make my own old type writer, I figured I was allowed to break my new motto ;) and made an offer.


It's so pretty. It even works, though the ink is a little dry. Joris went crazy with it, wanting to figure everything out and marveling about the technique (that's what you get with a physics teacher I guess).

Know some other cute DIY's for me :)?

♡ Nikki

Comments

Dana Fox said…
great find on that typewriter!!! it's so cute! and your pompom looks awesome :)
xo dana

thewonderforest.com
Anonymous said…
Leuk dat haken, ik heb hetzelfde motto haha ;D Moet alleen nog leren haken!

Ik heb ook een blauwe remmington typmachine, staat ook gewoon leuk in huis :]

En wat een leuk nieuws trouwens over de shop ruimte die je van je moeder krijgt, gefeliciteerd!
Anonymous said…
I love crocheting! I learned a few months ago and I can't put my hook down (except for the past two days, but I'm itching to get at it).
Your bows look super pretty, good job. :)

<3 Ashlynn.
http://www.sillycyclops.blogspot.com
chantilly said…
ooohh, i love all those colors of yarn together! the little bows are soo adorable :)
Iudith said…
Be careful, 'make what you cannot buy' soon turns into 'don't buy what you can make' and you'll be busy... :D
mamutopia said…
Die strikjes zijn liehief! Die wil ik ook al zo lang eens maken :) En hoe leuk is het als je zelf je spulletjes kunt maken, dat blijkt maar weer!
Bosliefje said…
pas op; haken is zeer verslavend! Prachtige oude Remington.
Anonymous said…
Those bows and pom poms are so pretty! And I LOVE the typewriter! I am actually a little bit obsessed with vintage typewriters. I have one that is teal and white - I do love it so!

Katie x
Marieke said…
Die strikjes zijn heel leuk! Als broche of in je haar. En ik wil ook een typmachine, jouw exemplaar is fijn hoor. Babyblauw is een mooie kleur.
LoriLynn said…
Aweeeee I love everything about your blog! So glad I found it! You take stunning photos! I actually just did the tissue poms as well and my first few tore a lot but eventually I seemed to get the hang of it and they started to look more round and not so much like a spastic cat had gotten at them! Xo Lori