Amsterdam with Kelly


Last Friday I met the lovely Kelly in Amsterdam for a drink and some vintage shopping :)! I had such a great time and Kelly is so sweet! At first I was quite nervous, especially about speaking and understanding English, but of course it was fine (though sometimes we were chattering so much I suddenly spoke Dutch out of habit) and we had a lovely day!


Kelly gave me one of her new Made by White brooches, it's a Capybara and the most adorable creature (I photographed one here)! I'm so in love with it :). Luckily I had a present for Kelly too, Dutch candy and a little deer figurine. We shopped in the 'Nieuwe Hoogstraat', a street filled with vintage stores like Zipper. I bought the cute jacket and cardigan in the photo. I hadn't been to Amsterdam much before (Kelly even knew the way better than I did, quite funny) but I really want to go back when I'm loaded with money to empty all those cute vintage stores. It was such a nice day and I'm really happy I went!

♡ Nikki


12 comments :

  1. Wow, that's great! I could've run into you guys here haha. Though I wasn't in the center Friday, I do live in Amsterdam.
    I love how awesome that brooch looks on the cardigan, it fits the scene so percectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik keek net even op haar blog en ze past echt bij je. Bij haar kleding moet ik gelijk aan jou denken :) Fijn dat het zo leuk was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fijn dat je zo'n leuke dag had! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zo te lezen hadden jullie een fijne dag samen... en hebben jullie weer wat superleule dingen er bij!!

    Groetjes, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat een heerlijke dag hadden jullie, Nikki. En wat een leuke foto van jullie saampjes :-))

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo i love your brooch! it is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I did miss this! Thanks for filling me in! The brooch is PERFECT on that cardy. SO great! Yay for vintage and brooches and cardies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. p.s. i've never told you but i used to have that same ikea fabric with the birds, squirrels and cages etc as curtains when i lived by myself!!

    ReplyDelete